One of the hardest things to find in Korea that we take for granted is canned tomatoes. I’m finding them more frequently in supermarkets and smaller shops. This recipe uses Naengmyeon soup stock, which adds an extra bite to the soup.
INGREDIENTS 1. Saute the Onions, Carrot, Garlic, and Pepper on Medium High heat until the onion is a little clear.
1 small package of refrigerated liquid Naengmyeon Yuksu (ëƒ‰ë©´ ìœ¡ìˆ˜)
1 can Whole Tomatoes
1 Carrot, sliced
1 Onion, sliced
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Green Pepper, diced
1/2 handful Macaroni, dried
Salt and Pepper
Optional Herbs (Oregano, Thyme, Marjoram)
2. Add the Naengmyeon Yuksu, Tomatoes, and Macaroni.
3. Turn the heat to High.
4. When it boils, turn it to low and simmer.
5. Taste the soup and add Salt, Pepper, and Herbs as you see fit.
6. The soup is ready when the Macaroni is al dente. If there is not enough liquid, add water. If more people are coming to dinner, add water.
7. Best served with a crusty baguette.
1. Saute the Onions, Carrot, Garlic, and Pepper on Medium High heat until the onion is a little clear.