Find your peace
Join a group class in English to learn the tenets of Buddhist temple cuisine from a nun of the Jogye Buddhist Order. You will learn to cook two vegan temple dishes.
Join your guide for an enrapturing meal of true vegan Korean temple cuisine. Complete your day of Zen with a relaxing cup of tea in a rustic quiet teahouse.
Your experience includes the following:
- Temple cuisine cooking class with English interpretation
- Recipe sheet of the dishes cooked
- Full multi-course temple cuisine lunch with a guide versed in the tenets of temple cuisine
- After-meal tea in a cozy teahouse
Bring the following
You can get all of these at a Daiso cheaply.
- Two dish towels per person
- A bag or something to put your dirty dish towels
- Two containers to pack your foods
- Mask (recommended)
Aprons will be provided.
- Classes usually occur on Friday or Saturday mornings at 10:00 a.m.
- Classes fill up quickly! We recommend booking a month in advance.
- Please anticipate traffic or take the subway. It’s best to arrive at 9:30 a.m.
- Availability depends on when classes are run and if any spots are available. We recommend booking as soon as you can