This is a recipe that begs to be made a day in advance so the ingredients have a chance to get to know each other better.
- 1 lb carrots, peeled, finely julienne
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 5 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons of [amazon_link id="B00348JCL8" target="_blank" ]rice wine vinegar[/amazon_link] (or white vinegar)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used grapeseed oil, but sunflower seed oil would work)
- Julienne carrots with a vegetable shredder and put into a large bowl.
- Mix carrots and salt together. Set aside for 20-30 minutes. Press mixture firmly and drain the liquid.
- Add the other ingredients (except the oil) and mix them well.
- Put 1/2 cup oil in a saucepan and heat it up on medium low heat for a few minutes. Pour the warmed oil onto the carrots and mix completely.
- Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours or overnight to marinade.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.8 g||15.1%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.