I’m continuing my compound butter journey with this butter called Gochugaru butter. Inspired by Offeric Maoz’s Paprika Butter, I replaced the Hungarian Paprika with Korean red pepper flakes. This version is not for the faint of heart.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp kewpie mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Korean pepper flakes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Mix 1 tsp mustard with 1 tsp mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Add the butter to the mustard and whisk together.
- Add the Korean pepper flakes and salt and continue to blend while gradually adding the lemon juice. Blend well until combined.
- If you plan to use immediately, serve at room temperature. If you want to save it for another day, refrigerate it in the back of your refrigerator where it's cooler.
This would make a great topping to your favorite steak. It can also make a good compliment to grilled corn on the cob or roasted potatoes. I’ve also used it to spike my Chuncheon Alfredo.