I’m continuing my compound butter journey with this butter called Gochugaru butter. Inspired by Offeric Maoz’s Paprika Butter, I replaced the Hungarian Paprika with Korean red pepper flakes. This version is not for the faint of heart.
This would make a great topping to your favorite steak. It can also make a good compliment to grilled corn on the cob or roasted potatoes. I’ve also used it to spike my Chuncheon Alfredo.
Category Modern Korean
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp kewpie mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Korean pepper flakes
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Mix 1 tsp mustard with 1 tsp mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Add the butter to the mustard and whisk together.
- Add the Korean pepper flakes and salt and continue to blend while gradually adding the lemon juice. Blend well until combined.
- If you plan to use immediately, serve at room temperature. If you want to save it for another day, refrigerate it in the back of your refrigerator where it's cooler.
That’s a good one, Tammy! Now, I need a steak to throw it on.