The Bos Life, the supplier of artisan meats, recently sent us some of their fine meats and asked if we could help them spread the word about them. Among the ZenKimchi team, I volunteered to take on the challenge.
When I saw that the sample pack would contain some pork chops, I knew I had to do a recipe on doenjang marinade. In traditional Korean cooking, there are 3 essential ingredients that remove the unpleasant pork smell when cooking pork – doenjang, cooking spirits, and ginger. So using those core ingredients you can make some juicy, Korean flavored pork chops at home. Using this same marinade, you can use thinly sliced pork butt or neck to make a non-spicy pork bulgogi.
- 2-3 10-12 oz pork chops
- 1/2 medium onion (pureed)
- 2 stalks green onion (chopped/sliced)
- 1 table spoon ginger (minced)
- 1 table spoon garlic (minced)
- 2 table spoons natural sugar
- 4 table spoons rice caramel syrup
- 3 table spoons doenjang
- 1 table spoon cooking wine
- Clean the pork chop by rinsing under cold water.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the pork chops in the marinade and set aside for at least 20 minutes, 1 hour is preferred.
- Grill the marinated pork chops and serve.
Try making this simple recipe and enjoy!
The Bos Life staff would like to give our ZenKimchi readers savings of $100 off your first order – use discount code “harvestNOV100”. Please check out the following link for more information The Bos Life – the monthly supplier of artisan meats.
Also, you can click here to contribute to their Kickstarter campaign.