Jump to recipe
TEST RECIPES ARE WORKS IN PROGRESS AND NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME.
This vegan temple food noodle soup takes full advantage of Deulggae, Perilla Seeds. The flavor from these seeds is a hallmark of Korean temple cuisine and country-style cooking in general. This recipe takes each element and finds ways to infuse more flavor.
- 3c Flour
- 4c Dashi Stock
- 10 Perilla Leaves
- 1c Deulggae Powder
- 1/2 Zucchini Squash, sliced into half moons
- Toasted Sesame Seeds, crushed
- Perilla Oil
- Blend the Perilla Leaves and 1c Water in a blender until it's a paste.
- Mix the Flour and Perilla Leaf Paste and knead into a dough.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4" thickness in a long sheet. Dust the top with flour.
- Roll the sheet of dough.
- With a knife, cut the dough into 1/4" thick noodles, using the flour to separate them.
- Boil the Dashi and Deulggae Powder.
- Add the noodles and cook until ready, around 4 minutes.
- Add the Zucchini Squash and cook 1 minute.
- Season with Salt, Toasted Sesame Seeds, and Perilla Oil to taste.