Can you believe that with the popularity of Popeye’s Fried Chicken in Korea, they don’t serve red beans and rice at the restaurants? Obviously, this is a perfect side dish for fried chicken.
2 Onions, diced
4 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Green Pepper, diced
1 Carrot, diced
1 can Red Kidney Beans, drained
1/2 cup Chicken Stock
Salt and Pepper
Optional Seasonings (Celery Salt, Thyme, Old Bay, Bay Leaf)
Sliced Sausage or Ham
1. Sweat (slowly cook with little sizzle) the veggies and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
2. Add the chicken stock, beans, seasonings, and meat and turn up the heat until it boils.
3. Reduce the heat to simmer.
4. Mash the beans while stirring them in the pot.
5. When the mixture looks nice and thick, take it off the heat.
6. Put the rice in a bowl and top it with the red bean mixture.