Thank you all who voted for us in the Friends Eat Best Blogger 2011 poll. We made the top ten at number six. For longtime readers, you know we never place in these popularity contests. Maybe things are changing.
Get ready for some banchan!
- KaBrew will host a Halloween boat cruise party
- The Chicago Tribune talks about the growing popularity of kimchi (but calls it a condiment)
- Korea’s first lady takes another trip to New York to promote Korean food and has a special dinner at Danji with local Korean food celebs. The Wall Street Journal has an article about it too.
- Korean food is one of the 2011 top ten eating out trends in the UK
- Chris Hansen does a piece on Jeju Island’s five day market for Serious Eats
- The Grand Hilton Seoul’s Oktoberfest is getting bigger each year
- The Manila Hotel is wrapping up its Korean Food Festival
- Korilla BBQ gets Rookie of the Year in New York’s 7th Annual Vendy Awards
- Seattle Times talks about that Korean chicken drumstick snack
- The Korean town of Namyangju is hosting the Slow Food International conference (and we’re just finding out about it now)
- The Daily Trojan talks about how LA Koreatown restaurants are trying to shake of the Korean reputation for eating dog meat by serving black goat.
- Seoul in the City invites radio host Sue Park to participate in the Ghetto Gourmet series
- Jung Sik is still getting some buzz. They’ve opened their new gorgeous website. Expect to lose an hour looking at the food pics.
- Itaewon’s Egyptian Sandwich Cart
- Santorini (Itaewon) still disappoints. Why do the good ones die and the bad ones open second locations?