Here are a few items bouncing around the web.
- A petition started on Sunday to help save the Hyehwa Filipino market
- Nonetheless, here’s how to make Pinoy Adobo in Korea
- Jenny at Food Coma 911 enjoys the New Year with relatives and a massive gallery of food
- A cat cafe because the only thing missing from my latte was stray cat hair
- Annalog is on a search for authentic pho in Seoul
- That actress that said she’d rather consume poison than eat American beef during the 2008 Summer of Beef has been found not guilty of libel against a Korean beef importer. Despite her stupidity, I’m glad they didn’t find her guilty. We all learned from Oprah that beef libel laws only lead to the rise of Dr. Phil.
- The government will subsidize makgeolli producers. They are also trying to come up with an official makgeolli glass. Really. They are.
- There’s a new makgeolli iPhone app produced by a company whose other portfolio apps are softcore Asian porn.
- Mike Yates’s (영국사람) sushi master father-in-law will be featured on an episode of 생활의달인 (Life’s Master) on Wednesday, February 17th at around 8:50 p.m., depending on Olympic coverage, I assume.