I’ve hit the ground running since New York. I brought a big project back from there, and I can’t wait to tell everyone about it. I’m sure you’ll like it. I also did a sit-down interview with “Heart to Heart” on Arirang TV, which should air in the next week or so. I’ll keep you updated.
Now for the banchan.
- Time Out New York has come out with their 100 best dishes in the city. It’s quite droolworthy. Don’t say I din’ warn ya. A few ZenKimchi friends got mentioned. Eddie Huang’s Sweet Bao Fries were up for best fries, and Jason Littrell’s cocktail Behind God’s Back made the top 10 overall.
- I’m sure this is a good recipe, but I doubt it’s Korean.
- The Korean talks about the sociology of Koreans lingering at buffets.
- In case anyone’s wondering, it looks like the kimchi crisis has subsided for now. Some cabbages were delivered from the south and from China, and prices have gone down.
- A bit about black garlic.
- Six ways to add more kimchi to your life
- A profile on Austin Korean street food cart Chi’lantro
- Late as always to the trends, the cupcake trend has hit Seoul with an appropriately Engrishy name, Good Ovening.
- Move over Salty Chocolate Balls, here are some red chewy balls to suck on.