NOTE: I’m moving this post back to the top because more stuff is still being found.
I’m going to maintain a list on this post of imported Chinese foods in Korea that could possibly be tainted with melamine.
- MiSarang snacks
- Nabisco’s Ritz cracker cheese sandwiches
- Cadbury Chocolate
- Danyang Day Bright’s Tasty Rice Crackers
- Non-dairy creamer imported from Hong Kong (includes instant coffee packs)
- Lipton Milk Tea Powder
- M&M’s milk chocolate snack
- Snickers peanut Fun Size
- Kit Kat Mini chocolate bars
- Lotte’s Choudy
- Powdered egg white, powdered egg yolk and liquefied egg yolk from Dalian Hanovo Foods and Dalian Greensnow Egg Products Development (This is a hard one to pin down because powdered egg is used in bottled salad dressings.)
- Also avoid cookies that look like these [HT Korea Beat]
CJ has said that it has regularly inspected Chinese raw materials in its products since 2006. Nongshim and Haitai Confectionary are setting up inspection processes post-melamine scandal. Haitai is also taking legal action against Chinese OEM manufacturer Carnival.