We’re in full swing for Korean Christmas advertising, and I haven’t noticed the string of silly hats on K-pop idols this year. Paris Baguette’s Christmas slogan this year is, “You are not alone.” I don’t know if it’s some solace for singles during what’s considered a couples day, if it’s a tribute to Michael Jackson, or if it’s a message for people who get suicidal this time of year.
Nonetheless, the Christmas cake models are coming out, and they’re looking a little subdued. I hope they won’t be. If they are, we always have the banchan.
News and Blogs
- Epicurious brags about its record for predicting food trends and soundly predicts 2011 to be the year for Korean food
- Homebrew Korea says there are some beer sales at Home Plus
- Rapping kimbap
- A book has come out by a Korean embassy worker in China about globalizing Korean food–and I actually agree with some of his points
- Seoul Suburban explores Doksan Subway Station and the Doksan Cattle Market
- Pieman in Korea is making Christmas stuff
- Who woulda thunk the worst place in the world was Korean?
- Lotte Mart enters the junk food price wars (HT @ajosshi)
- Bella Tortilla in Hongdae
- What looks to be abalone heaven in Jamsil
- A cool looking dirt floor grilled chicken and duck joint in Gangwon-do
- If you’re ever in Pyongyang, you got spaghetti!