The new Susubori Academy is opening some English-language classes for the first time on making Korean liquors. They are opening four sessions with four classes each to fit people’s schedules. Courses are just W50,000, and they include all the ingredients you need, a container to take your liquor home, and some artisanal liquor with banchan for the final day.
Like I mentioned, the course is divided into four classes.
- Making foundation
- 1st fermentation
- 2nd fermentation
- Tasting and small party (but we know parties are never small in Korea)
Each course can hold up to 20 students. Here are the available courses:
- (A) August 16, 18, 23, 25 – 2:00-4:30 p.m.
- (B) August 16, 18, 23, 25 – 7:00-9:30 p.m.
- (C) August 17, 19, 24, 26 – 2:00-4:30 p.m.
- (D) August 17, 19, 24, 26 – 7:00-9:30 p.m.
Susubori Academy is part of Kyonggi University and is near Seodaemun (line 5) and Chunjeongno (lines 2 & 5) Stations. There’s a map on their website.