Here is a little news from the world of Korean food.
- On the heels of “topoki,” the Korean food globalization geniuses give us “Drunken Rice.” Personally, I think it’s a great brand name or band name. Fatman Seoul channels my thoughts exactly.
- It looks like the folks at Korean Taco Party were quite popular at Amsterdam’s CinemAsia Film Festival
- I forgot to mention that Roboseyo and I were on MBC last Friday eating gobchang. I’ll try to snag it if it goes online. Those of you with time machines can still catch it.
- Koreans feel awkward in Indian restaurants. Indians feel awkward in Korean restaurants.
- Paul Ajosshi talks about celebrity chef Edward Kwon’s new revolutionary restaurant, The Spice. I’ll have a review of it in 10 Magazine by the end of July.
- ZenKimchi friend Debbie Lee of Seoul2Soul and The Next Food Network Star made kimchi bokkeumbap on WGN last week.
- Keepin’ it in ChiTown, Steve Dolinsky talks about his love for Korean food on Chicago’s ABC 7.