Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern: South Korea
We’re reaching the end of the hype week for the South Korea episode of “Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.”
This has all been in the works since we first got the call to help with the show back in August 2008. I don’t think I have another Bizarre Foods post left in me. By now, I think they’re scattered all over the place. So I’ll link all the Bizarre Foods Posts here.
- subscribe to the ZenKimchi Korean Food Journal to keep up with latest food happenings in Korea
- Join us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- browse the photos and
- keep up with ZenKimchi in the media (woo hoo! videos!)
- If you use Google Earth we have comprehensive bookmarks for downloading, including a Bizarre Foods Pack
- Listen weekly to the SeoulPodcast for stories of living in one of the quirkiest and most exhilarating cities in the world
- Want to contribute an article, restaurant review or just a rant? Do so
Behind-the-scenes with Bizarre Foods
Part 1: Scouting Locations – We help come up with foods, restaurants and ideas for the show.
Part 2: Getting Folks on Camera – Finding Koreans to speak English on TV is hard.
Part 3: Noryangjin Fish Market – Chef Kim and Andrew wander a wonderland of seafood
Part 4: The Blogger Outing – ZenKimchi’s time to represent
Gobchang Gui – Grilled beef intestines
Hong-eo – Fermented skate
Cheonggukjang – “Dead Body Stew”
Gamjatang – “Potato Soup” but really pork spine soup
Haejangguk – “Hangover Stew” with pork backbone, similar to Gamjatang
Beondaeggi (Silkworm Larvae) and Roasted Crickets – at the end of the video
Bog-eo – Blowfish
Baechu Kimchi – Cabbage Kimchi
Hui – Korean sashimi with live octopus
Jokbal – Pigs Feet
Sundae – Gelatinous Blood and Noodle Sausage
Budae Jjigae – “Army Base” Stew, traditionally including hot dogs and Spam
Haemultang – Seafood Soup
SundaeGuk – A big bowl of nasty
Bizarre Foods Video Central – Whatever videos we find, we post here
“In Defense of Bizarre Foods” – My rant in response to a Village Voice blogger’s tirade against the show
UPDATE: The South Korea episode is now available for purchase in iTunes.